2.05.2007

Under the Weather *UPDATE*

Um...my head is still full of muck and I think Henry feels even worse than I do - muck in the head and a stomach virus of some sort to boot. He says he has "knots" in his nose, and I've changed more blowout diapers in the last two days than I think I did when he was newborn. And David has changed just as many.

We watched the Super Bowl at Auntie S's (poor, poor Bears) last night and Henry had a blowout while we were there so he borrowed a pair of Lily's "footie" pajamas - they are white with bubblegum pink polka dots all over them and a princess crown applique on the front.

He crawled into my room this morning with his blankie and couldn't muster enough umph to get up on my bed, so he laid down beside it and didn't want me to talk to him or pick him up or anything. He just whimpered every few minutes that he doesn't like his nose. It's a very sad thing to see am otherwise busy boy dressed in pink, listlessly cuddling with his blankie. And smelling to high heaven.

We were both kinda waiting for Calvin to wake up and fix us breakfast and do the laundry and fumigate the house. Until I remembered he's only four years old. And he will probably be mucky with the rest of us soon. Oh yeah, and I'm the mom. Bummer.

This either means that I'll be too busy nursing and recouping to blog, or that you'll hear more from me in the next few days than you have in a month because I can't muster the wherewithal do anything but sit at the computer...I guess we'll see.

I gotta go shower a boy and rinse out some pink polka dot pajamas now.


UPDATE: Here are the pajamas. Washed and back on for another go-round after every other pair in the house also required washing by the end of today...Henry's blowout diapers took a turn for throwing up. Another carseat cleanout. He's not running a fever or anything...just a crazy bug that he's trying to get out. But it's messy and I feel the need to sanitize the whole place. And hope against hope that Cal will not get this yuckiness. Me? I'm actually feeling a little better. We may just be on the mend...

11 comments:

someone else said...

I was hoping for a picture of the polka dot jammies....

I'm so sorry you're both feeling so rotten. Please get well soon.

Sketchy said...

Poor Code Yellows! Hope you all feel unmucky soon.

I can remember a couple of times when the last clean sleeper was a handmedown pink one from my oldest, I figured they didn't really have any social barriers to pink and fluffy at that age. lol

MotherT said...

Oh, you poor baby!!! I hate being sick anyway, but it was always soooo much worse when I was sick and any of the kiddos were sick, too! Hope healing hits quickly at the Code Yellow house!

Tammy said...

Oh, I sure hope you all feel better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I am getting to the point that I can take these car seats apart in my sleep. I do have a few suggestions for the designers at Graco, though.

Super Happy Girl said...

:( poor little guy! and poor you, and poor Calvin when he gets it and poor Yellow home in general.

Hope you all feel better soon, I send you hugs.

someone else said...

Talk about visions of sugarplums!! He looks sweet enough to eat! What a cutie pie. And I love the jammies.

MotherT said...

That little miserable looking face just makes me want to reach through the computer and pick him up! I hate it when little ones look so sick!!! I'm praying for you all!

Super Happy Girl said...

Aww, cute :D

The Amazing Trips said...

I hope that you're all feeling better by now ... it's awful being sick.

We have the exact same PJ's and I didn't think twice about the fact that Henry was wearing pink polka dot jammies. Those just so happen to be William's FAVORITES.

Unknown said...

I was hoping for a picture, too, so I'm glad you posted one. It doesn't sound fun. What's up with Calvin not stepping up to the plate??