Tomorrow we embark on our ninth year of marriage. I know it's cliche - but the time has gone by so quickly, finishing educations, embarking on careers, having babies, moving around the world...
There are a million reasons I'm happy being David's wife, but here are just eight - one for each year we've been a family:
1. We have a deep friendship and mutual respect - nothing can work without those two things.
2. He fills in all the gaps where I am weak or falter and never criticizes or complains or pokes fun.
3. He works hard every day for our family and is smart and savvy in his career.
4. When he makes me laugh, it makes me giggle at odd moments for days afterward, just thinking about whatever he said or did.
5. He doesn't keep score.
6. He shows my boys by word and example to love and appreciate me (and women in general).
7. He says, "Thank you," "I'm sorry," and "You're right," often enough that I know he knows, and rarely enough to keep me humble.
8. I always feel like whatever else he has to consider, my needs and hopes and talents and wants are first in his book. Not only does that make me feel special, it saves me from selfishness and inspires me to give more of myself to him and our children, which makes all of us happy.
And one more reason, for the year ahead:
9. I love just being with him. I can truly say that when my hand is with his, anywhere is the most comfortable place in the world.
I love you, Bubba.
Posted by Code Yellow Mom at 2:30 PM