10.21.2009

The Jane: Two Months Old

I didn't post it!! I took the pictures and edited them and then...my brain! Where is my brain?!?

Anyway, about Jane at two months...

She continues to prefer (and now demand) me above all others. Although my sister Joeli (who just moved here!!!) can get her to be calm, and a professional grandma in our branch can settle her quite well. She has added a little girly scream to her cry now. It's cute and scarey all at the same time.

She also already tries to get her brothers in trouble with her zero-to-hysterical tendencies. I will walk out of a room where one of the boys is cooing and talking to her and she's totally happy, then suddenly I will hear her scream and hold her breath and start crying like crazy so I rush back in thinking that the brother did something to her and expect to see the bouncy seat overturned or teeth marks on her face or something. And then I remember - she doesn't wind-up fuss. She just lets you know right away when she's done being pleasant. Poor big brothers.

If I didn't know it before, I definitely know it now: a baby is born with personality and preferences and character traits. Jane is spicey and baffling. At two months.

She is growing fast and I already had to retire a few of her littlest clothes because she started looking like she was exploding out of them. So sad.

Her little bit of hair is decidedly strawberry blonde in hue and her eyes are very much like Henry's - blue/grey/green. Her looks surprise me all the time - I took it for granted that I would have a brown-haired, brown-eyed girl. She has beautiful porcelain skin and is soft and squidgy all over.

And now for the pictures. She does smile - mostly for me, occasionally for her dad or brothers, but never for the camera. But who needs to smile? Those thighs speak for themselves...








10 comments:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

She's a cutie. I hadn't been around baby girls much until our youngest grandaughter came along. There is truely a persoality differece between her & her brother.

Kids Cooking Activities said...

Oh I miss that professional grandma and pa!
And totally cool your sister moved there. Is she working or just staying with you?

Jenny P. said...

So very cute!

I think spicy and baffling is one of the best descriptions of a baby I've ever heard.

Liz said...

What a darling! Love the little tu-tu type onesie!

MotherT said...

I had two girls and the personality differences were apparent from the day I brought the youngest home! (They are still VERY different!) What is really funny though, is their children--Mrs. Lemon's son, Zesty, is very much like his Aunt Jessica, and Jessica's son, David Riley, is very much like his Aunt Lemon!!!

Jane is so adorable. I love the pictures.

Gabriela said...

She's so cute. It is amazing how they are all so different from a young age, isn't it? My boys are all very different.

Lei said...

Is she cute or what? Love the little outfit!

Nobody said...

You make the dang cutest children! She has her own look, and I don't know how you've managed to do that 4 times over. I took Avee to lunch at Bo's school today and TWO different kids, separate from each other looked at her in wonder and said, "She looks EXACTLY like Bo." That might be why I'm in such awe of all the new looks you keep producing.

I think that first photo might be her signature look. It is darling and hilarious at the same time.

And I believe you've hit the nail SQUARE on the head: "spicey and baffling". Can I get an amen!? I think you may be miles and miles ahead of the game, having figured that out when she's a newborn. You'll be saying it until she's about 23.

Those thighs do speak for themselves. I like your style. :)

p.s. Hi Joeli!

Anne said...

amen to all of the above comments - spicy! what a great word to describe someone. your pictures really turned out great! did you edit the lighting much? i can never seem to get good lighting...

Christina Mahler said...

Oh my word! She is SO cute!!! I miss you guys so much! I'm half tempted to jump in a plane right now and come back. :)
I need to get your guy's contact information. Email address, phone number, etc. I had the hardest time remembering the name of your blog, but remembered your beautiful computer and it jogged my memory. So glad I found it! I can't believe I didn't get contact information before I left!
Email me you info please. Cami.Hikes@gmail.com
Thanks so much! Can't wait to hear from you.
P.S. I don't know if you've heard yet, but Ali got her mission call!!!