8.10.2008

Phew.

So...I am now taking a vacation from the vacation.

The ocean was beautiful, the boys had a great time. But I am beat.

Long story short, David - at the very last minute - wasn't able to be there for the week. It wasn't his fault, and disappointment or frustration don't even begin to cover it. (I don't want to talk about it. But I will post some pictures from the beach as soon as I can.)

David did clean my house from top to bottom while we were gone. And I did most of the beach laundry at the beach house, so there isn't a lot of the post-vacation mess to clean up right away. There's a silver lining.

Except it took eleven hours for a six hour drive yesterday and all our stuff is still in the car. Ah, well.

And now...? We have three weeks until our pack out day. Three weeks. OK, actually it's twenty-three days. Hmmmm. Looks like the vacation from the vacation will be a short one, because I've got to get going!

I'll be back in the next day or two with a juicy, all-the-stuff-you-didn't-care-to-know-about-our-move-to-Kyiv post, plus my decision on the "to be or not to be Code Yellow" question. I know, I know, you're on the edge of your seat.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Sorry about the long drive home...been there, done that. You have my total empathy. And good luck with the final move preparations. It's a ton of work, time will fly by, but what an adventure!!! Enjoy each moment as much as possible.

Linda said...

So MY question is... while in Kyiv, are you going to be able to go see all the places and sights that were so awesome (read: people...) in the Donetsk area??? And how jealous am I????? (on a scale of 1-10, I'd say about a 15!) AND I wish I'd been at the beach last week instead of cleaning my house or doing a number of other mundane and boring things. David gets major kudos for cleaning the house and rates a fantastic husband in my opinion! What a lucky gal you are!

The Broken Man said...

Sorry about the long drive - I absolutely *loathe* long drives - even though my long-suffering wife does most of the driving, and I can read in the car!

The Broken Man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/

Gabriela said...

Good luck getting things ready, you are going to be busy. Email me if I can be of any help. :)