6.23.2007

The Castaway At Home

I started thinking it might be time for David to go back to his real job when he came in from the backyard this morning, unshaven and redfaced, and Calvin said to him, "That was some goooood squirrel fighting, Dad."

(In his defense, the squirrels have gotten obnoxiously aggressive toward my boys, and do things like attempt to come inside whenever the back door opens. Yeah, that's about the last thing I need - a glorified rodent running around in my house...But apparently today was the first day of David's one man campaign to "reinstill the fear of human beings into the rodent population." I'll let you know if he suddenly wants to rename our baby "Wilson.")

6 comments:

NOBODY said...

Wilson noooooooooo, come back here!

I would have paid GOOD MONEY for front row seats (and a little popcorn) to that squirrel fight.

Jamie said...

When he's done, and if he wants to move up to bigger rodents, my dad would probably welcome him in the beaver fight he's currently waging.

Anonymous said...

Okay THAT was funny. I wouldn't let him go back to work yet...he is good bloggin material:)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my site and sharing your experience with me. I'm really excited about birthing naturally and I'll let you know how the hypnobirthing goes. I'm ordering my materials today and cannot wait.

I cannot tell you how terrified I am of squirrels! They just freak me out. So I'm all for the war against them. = )

Super Happy Girl said...

Stoopid squirrels.
They are trying to come into your house? Aaaahh. And here I thought they were obnoxious by eating our veggies in the yard.

Super Dave vs. bushy tailed rats!!

Sketchy said...

"That's some good squirrel fighting" is oddly enough one of the regular expressions at around these parts. I think it comes from the hillbilly roots...

kidding. I kid...